- Do not cease to drink beer, to eat, to intoxicate thyself, to make love, and celebrate the good days. -- Ancient Egyptian
- What whiskey will not cure, there is no cure for. -- Irish
- Praise not the day until evening has come; a woman until she is burnt; a sword until it is tried; a maiden until she is married; ice until it has been crossed; beer until it has been drunk. -- Viking
- But if at church they give some ale And a pleasant fire for our souls to regale We'd sing and we'd pray all the live long day Nor ever once from the church to stray. Beer drinkin' don't do half the harm of love makin'. -- Old New England
- Man's way to God is with beer in hand -- Koffyar Tribe, Nigeria
- The mouth of a perfectly happy man is filled with beer. -- Ancient Egyptian, 2200 B.C.
- The best place to drink beer is at home. Or on a river bank, if the fish don't bother you. -- American Folk Saying